Alfred10

Moisture sensors can be used in soils.

I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on moisture sensors can be used in soils. After reading, I became interested in the uses of moisture sensors in soils. So I searched some related materials and information from google about this topic. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

HIH-5030-001

Here are my personal understandings:

Soil water is the main source of water absorption (except for hydroponic plants), the state and change of soil moisture content, which is the main determinant of plant growth status, which affects human food safety and ecological environment. Thus, the soil and water on Earth are the basis of human and even life, through the soil moisture sensor to measure the water content of the soil, the current well-known mainly for the following purposes:

To provide decisive support for scientific irrigation

At present, agricultural water consumption accounts for 92% of the world's fresh water consumption. In China, the national average utilization rate of agricultural irrigation water is only 45% (see Baidu Encyclopedia "irrigation water use coefficient"), 55% of the water after extensive irrigation, a large number of leakage into the plant roots below the surface runoff loss, water Channel leakage and other ways to be wasted. In 45% of the water is preserved in the soil, and because of blind irrigation, non-on-demand irrigation, water and fertilizer integration is not in place and other reasons, a lot of water can not be effectively used crops.

The use of soil moisture sensor can dynamically track the depth of the crop root in the soil in the specific depth of the crop roots of the dynamic absorption of water consumption; the use of soil moisture sensor recorded soil moisture curve, can be intuitive and quantified way to show The water content of different soil layers in soils changed with time, and then the key factors such as irrigation depth, irrigation amount, irrigation start time, irrigation duration, irrigation limit and soil moisture content were obtained.

Scientific irrigation decisions make it useful for the crop to live in a soil where the crop is truly comfortable and to increase crop yields.

On the other hand, people do not always want to control the survival of crops in a comfortable environment to increase production, people will consider the quality of agricultural products. For example, the appropriate soil moisture will make the grape yield is high, but the grapes will not necessarily sweet. In the late stages of grape growing, the use of soil moisture sensors is to monitor the soil moisture content, so that the soil moisture content to maintain a relatively low state of the state, in the United States, Spain, the United States and other high-quality wine-producing areas.

For the government departments to provide data support, policy basis

The soil moisture and soil temperature data monitored by the soil moisture sensor are the relevant government activities, such as agriculture, water conservancy, meteorology and land, and formulate and implement relevant policies. It is also one of the basic public services provided by the government for the people. For example, in recent years, the local governments have been actively launched by the government-funded agricultural information service platform for the local people to provide a lot of soil moisture data, spring water harvesting guide, soil moisture sensor is one of the basic sources of these data.

In the national drought and flood control system, there are a large number of installed in the country's drought, moisture monitoring stations, hydrological stations, soil moisture sensors are the most important and most basic instruments of these sites.

Provide early warning for natural disasters such as landslides

In 2013, there were 15403 geological disasters in China, of which 9849 were landslides, resulting in incalculable personal injury and property damage. A large number of landslides are caused by rainfall and other factors to increase the water content of the mountain, hillside weight increases, the slope of gravity than the lower soil see the friction and then landslides. Soil moisture sensor is the most important and basic instrument of mountain landslide monitoring and early warning system.

For the soil, plants, the environment and other scientific research data

Soil moisture sensors are widely used in soil science, plant growth in water relations research, landfill leaking monitoring, fertilizer utilization optimization, global warming impact research and other fields.

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of moisture sensors. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance